lundi 30 novembre 2009
jeudi 26 novembre 2009
mardi 24 novembre 2009
dimanche 22 novembre 2009
samedi 21 novembre 2009
We have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to ask Facundo a few questions about his work as a model :
• Which place do you come from in Argentina ?
-naci en la provincia de cordoba, pequeño pueblo entre montañas.
I was born in the province of Cordoba, in a small village surrounded by mountains.
• Where do you live now ?
-vivo en buenos ayres pero frecuentemente viajo a paris.
I live in Buenos Ayres but I frequently come to Paris.
• Besides modelling what do you enjoy ?
-me gusta tocar la guitarra.
I like to play the guitar.
• Did you know anything about the fashion industry before starting your modelling job ?
-la verdad no.
To tell you the truth, no.
• We saw you for the first time after the spring summer 2009 Kris van Assche show in Paris, but when and where did you start walking for shows ? and how were you discovered ?
-dos años atras en paris para dior homme, conoci a kris van assche en bs.as.
I started two years ago for Dior Homme ; I met Kris van Assche in Buenos Ayres before.
• Are you modelling full time ?
-no, tambien tengo una revista con dos amigos, su nombre es regiamag.com, donde puedo expresar todo lo que siento trabajando en la moda.
No, I also manage a magazine with two friends, its name is regiamag.com ; there I can express all I feel working in the fashion world.
• What do you like in the shows ? and backstage ? what about the make-up ?
-no me gusta el maquillaje, siempre me hace llorar, los backstages son muy divertidos y me gustan muchos los 5 minutos antes de salir.
I don't like the make-up, it always makes me cry ; I have much fun backstage and what I enjoy the most are the five minutes before going on the catwalk.
• Has your taste, and your self image, been modified ? Did you learn anything about you ?
-si por supuesto, viajar es aprender mas de uno mismo, y este trabajo da te esa posibilidad.
Yes, of course, travelling means learning more about yourself and this work offers you this opportunity.
• And how is your perception of the Kris van Assche show compared to the Dior Homme one ?
-kris van assche es mas familiar, siempre siento que estoy entre amigos.
At Kris van Assche it's more like a family atmosphere, I always have the feeling that I am with friends.
• How did you learn how to pose for photographers ?
I never learned.
• What do you prefer, walking for shows or shooting editorials ?
-caminar en los shows por supuesto.
Walking for shows of course.
• What do you like on a shooting ?
-no siempre me gustan, a veces se vuelve muy aburrido, siento que para sentirme a gusto tengo que sentirme parte y a veces me aburren.
I don't always like shootings ; sometimes it may become a little boring. I believe that to feel comfortable I have to be a part of it, but sometimes I get bored.
• Do you work more in Argentina than in Europe ? Where do you prefer to work ?
-trabajo mas en europa, y siempre es mejor trabajar alli, aprendo mucho.
I'm working more in Europe, it's always better to work there, I learn a lot.
• We know that you featured in an editorial photographed by Nan Goldin for the German FHM Collections, how was it to work with her ?
-increible, ella es genial, es como mi tia. una persona muy sensible e humilde.
It was incredible, she is fantastic, she is like an aunt to me ; a very sensitive and humble person.
Thanks a lot to Facundo for his answers.
Here we add some infos about Facundo's work :
Civiles, Buenos Aires, Argentina, http://www.civiles.com/
Bananas Mambo, Paris, France, http://www.bananasmodels.com/
Facundo walked following shows in Paris :
Dior Homme fw 08/09
Kris van Assche ss 09 - Dior Homme ss 09
Kris van Assche fw 09/10 - Dior Homme fw 09/10
Kris van Assche ss 10 - Dior Homme ss 10
"Privatsuite", German FHM Collections fw 08/09, photographer : Nan Goldin, production: Corinna Teresa Brix
"4 garçons dans le vent", Spray, 2008, photographer : Joe Lai, styliste : Annabelle Jouot
editorials in Argentina for 90 mas 10, http://www.90mas10.com.ar/
Campaigns (in Argentina)
A. Y. Not Dead, http://www.aynotdead.com.ar/